…..3 and 4 year old government funding.
The process is now live and below is a step by step guide for you to go online and check your eligibility for the additional hours.
- Visit www.childcarechoices.gov.uk to register, check your eligibility and apply for your extended entitlement, from September 2017.
- You will be asked to enter personal details including your name, address and National Insurance number and the same details for your partner is applicable.
- If you qualify you will have a childcare service account. In the secure messages you will receive messages about your eligibility and your code.
- You will need to give this code and your national insurance number to us in order for us to process your claim.
- You will be prompted by email or text every three months to check you still qualify even if your circumstances haven’t changed.
- You do NOT need to carry out this process if you do not wish to claim more than your 15 hour entitlement.
Answers to some questions you may have……
Q. What if I don’t qualify?
A. If you do not qualify for the extended hours you will still be able to receive the 15 hours free childcare each week.
Q. What if we suddenly find we qualify half way through a term?
A. The extended entitlement can only be allocated at the start of each of the three terms in January, April and September.
Q. When should I apply for my Extended Entitlement?
A. It is important that you apply for your extended entitlement code in plenty of time before the start of the new term. We will not be able to offer a place without a code.
Please do not struggle on your own, if you need help with your application please talk to Lesley, Emma or Kelly, we are here to help.